Dear Participants, Racers, Sponsors, Spectators, and Supporters:
It is with great dismay, disappointment, and unhappiness that we must announce that MegaHILL Bukit Putus 2012 has been cancelled.
When we received word yesterday (Wed 20/6) that the authorities were going to cancel the event, our team prepared our best presentation and spend much time down in Seremban arguing the case:
- That the Organisers and Promoters for the event are AAM and MAM affiliated
- Both the Organisers and Promoters have a proven track record of successful and safe events that comply to ground rules laid down by AAM and FIA
- We provide complete and proper safety infrastructure, manpower, expertise, and procedures.
Unfortunately there are two main reasons and incidences that have happened very recently that were cited for the holding back of the permit, for which is beyond control of all parties:
1) The incident at the drag event at PutraJaya last month;
2) That the old Bukit Putus road has been deemed unsafe by JKR due to the landslide last week, and that their inspection of the hill has found that there are two more water cachement areas on top of the hill that worryingly have dangerous potential to slide at any time.
Therefore the arguments given are:
1) The authorities are not comfortable to have a motorsports event conducted on public roads until a circular is provided by the Federal Ministry on what the procedures and guidelines are for allowing motorsports to take place on public roads;
2) Need confirmation and approval that the road is safe by the Menteri Kerja Raya (Minister of Public Works Department).
This is despite the pledge of support by the Negeri Sembilan State Goverment (please refer to the letter from state Ex-Co Dato’ Hj Mohammad Razi bin Hj Kail below).
With this, we regret that the event cannot be run this coming weekend.
We will make arrangements for Participants entry fees to be refunded:
- For those that paid to N1 Racing in Sunway, please head there to collect your refund
- For those outstation that paid to us directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your bank details for refund.
We thank everyone who has supported this event, and has unfortunately been disappointed again. We share your unhappiness, however please do constrain your feelings and pour them into other official, constructive motorsports activities that Ignition.my, MAM, Wheelspin Events, and other motorsports event organisers work hard to provide to you in our challenging environment.
See you at our other events.